SILENT AUCTION RULES
The governing rules for the FAB Silent Auction are as follows:
A. General Rules
• All sales are final. No exchanges or refunds on Auction items are permitted. Everything will be sold “as is.” Please read all specifications and limitations carefully.
• All Auction items and certificates must be paid for in full by cash, check, or credit card the night of the auction. Please go to the check-out table to settle your account before leaving.
• The values listed are the Center’s good faith estimate of the fair market value. Purchases in excess of the fair market value are partially tax-deductible. “. . . The amount of the contribution that is deductible for Federal income tax purposes is limited to the excess of the amount of any money and the value of any property other than money contributed by the donor over the value of the goods or services provided by the organization.” Internal Revenue Code Sec. 6115(a) (1).
• By purchasing the product or service, you (as the buyer) waive any claims for liability against either the Center or the donor, and neither the Center nor the donor is responsible for any personal injuries or damages to property that may result from the utilization of such property or services.
• Unless otherwise specified, all Auction items and services must be used within one year from the Auction date (September 10, 2016). Unless otherwise specified, dates and times are to be arranged at the mutual convenience of the donor and the buyer.
• When the item is not on display, the buyer will receive a certificate for the promised gift.
• All Auction items and certificates must be removed from the State Museum by 9:30 p.m., September 10, 2016. The buyer has the responsibility to arrange any delivery required.
• The dates and conditions for which certain donations are offered are firm and cannot be changed. Please appreciate that requesting the donor to change the dates and/or conditions puts the donor in an awkward position. For that reason, the terms of the donations will not be changed.
B. Silent Auction
• Each item in the Silent Auction will have a bid form with lines for your bid number and pre-printed amounts for convenient bidding. To make a bid, simply write your bid number on the line next to the amount that you would like to bid. You do not have to take the next available bid amount, but may skip ahead on the form to find the amount you really want to bid. The next bidder must bid a higher amount than you to be successful. Please press hard as you are making three copies.
• Guaranteed Purchase Price. The last box on the bid form is labeled “Guaranteed Purchase”. If you write your bid number in this box, you automatically close the bidding and you win the item!
• All Bids Final. Once you have entered your bid number on the bid form in any box, you may not cancel your bid later by scratching it out.
• Closing Times. Bidding in the Silent Auction must cease at the times below, which will also be announced during the program. After the Silent Auction closes, a copy of the bid form will be left on the table so that you may check to see whether you won the item. Bidding closes for the items on the tables with orange tablecloths at 8:15 pm, for the items on the tables with blue tablecloths at 8:30 pm, and for all remaining items at 8:45 pm.